www.liondancing.org Forum Index www.liondancing.org
Lion Dancing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Something to think about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.liondancing.org Forum Index -> Life, the Universe & Everything Non-Lion Dance (general chat)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SleepingDragon
Identity Verified
Identity Verified

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Something to think about Reply with quote

This is not really lion dance related, but had to pass this on. In Japan there are people who have been paying $1600 USD for poodles. Problem is the actual going rate is $3200.

Now, a Japanese movie star actress goes on a Japanese talk show with her poodle. They then begin talking about her pet poodle and how she is worried something might be wrong because her poodle doesn't bark and her behavior seems strange. So she brings out the poodle for the host to see if he may know something. The host looks at it for bit, then says thaqt you know, I think its not a poodle, but a sheep. The actress is flabergasted and syas no! The hosts says I am certain its a sheep. Mean while people start calling in and saying there poodle looks exactly like the actresses. One person is said to have taken in her sheep/poodle to the vet to have its nails cut. The vet tells her this is not a poodle, she said what are you talking about. He tells her because a poodle feet wouldn't have holves like feet.

Authorities are now investigating the scam as it is not a small handful but hundreds if not a thousand. It is because there really are not many sheep and the Japanese for the most part have never seen one.

I bring this up because if in this age of information-people don't know and are ignorant. One can imagine things about the lion, giraffe (mistaken for the Chi lin?), and the nian.

Sun Tzu
lionscave1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Hilarious! If it doesn't get any LD-related replies though I'll have to move it to the non-LD section…
lionscave1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Thread moved from the Lion's Kingdom section ***

The "report" appears to be a scam:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=263447
George
Identity Verified
Identity Verified

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lambs do baa a lot so that is a give away. However a New Zealander friend of mine did show a group of Japanese tourist a hedgehog & told them it was a kiwi. Very Happy
lionscave1
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm…Kiwi…drool…

Oh, wait, you meant the bird…can you grill 'em? Smile
ldbeliever
Identity Verified
Identity Verified

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the story turned out to be a hoax, when SleepingDragon wondered if it would've been considered lion dance related or not, I immediately thought about a vendor who advertised on this site awhle ago.
George
Identity Verified
Identity Verified

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionscave1 wrote:
Mmmmm…Kiwi…drool…

Oh, wait, you meant the bird…can you grill 'em? Smile

Kiwi's (the bird) are protected here as they are are highly endanger but the human variety is not so I guess you can try them.. Very Happy

Anyway regarding people being ignorant altough living in a high tech place, the Japanese are pretty unique as a very large portion of them still only understand one language so the information that they can understand is very little compared to what they can gather. An example is the fact that most of them do not know the world's disgust towards them hunting & eating whales.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.liondancing.org Forum Index -> Life, the Universe & Everything Non-Lion Dance (general chat) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: