www.liondancing.org Forum Index www.liondancing.org
Lion Dancing Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where do you learn traditional lion from? does it stil exist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.liondancing.org Forum Index -> Knowledge & Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KwunFu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Where do you learn traditional lion from? does it stil exist Reply with quote

hey all!

I am from a troupe that doesnt have a SiFu or someone that has background training in liondance. We are extremely modern & have lost what a lot of the forum members say are the traditions of liondance. I have seen this for a while and am at loss of what to do. i myself do not have the training or the contacts to teach the traditional liondance.

I was just wondering if any one can suggest anything? I am in Western Australia atm & have thought of going overseas to learn, but where and from whom!?!?!?!?!

Any suggesttions would be appreciated Very Happy

THNKS!
yogi5
Identity Verified
Identity Verified

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Came across your post today. Here are a couple links:

http://www.jowga.com.au/lion.html

http://clfma.com/au/

Good luck to you.
SleepingDragon
Identity Verified
Identity Verified

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Where do you learn traditional lion from? does it stil e Reply with quote

KwunFu wrote:
hey all!

I am from a troupe that doesnt have a SiFu or someone that has background training in liondance. We are extremely modern & have lost what a lot of the forum members say are the traditions of liondance. I have seen this for a while and am at loss of what to do. i myself do not have the training or the contacts to teach the traditional liondance.

I was just wondering if any one can suggest anything? I am in Western Australia atm & have thought of going overseas to learn, but where and from whom!?!?!?!?!

Any suggesttions would be appreciated Very Happy

THNKS!

Master Lim Meng Kok-don't know if he is taking students though. Maybe his top man Mr. Lawrence Ng. Mr. Ng speaks english, but Master Lim does not, you need to talk Chinese.

There are others. You also need to realize that when it comes to traditional, while there are basic tenents, there may be slight diffentials to each. Like Jow/Zhou ga 7 star stepping and Hung Ga 7 Star stepping pattern are different.

Most that still adhere to real traditional are Kung Fu based. Others are based on traditional lion dance principles, but there dancing takes after the contemporary what is known as dogggy lion, southern lion northern dance, and golden lion.

Sun Tzu
vtml
Identity Verified
Identity Verified

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact this school, they do teach the "traditional" lion dance, and the school is located in Perth.

http://www.gingmo.com.au

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.liondancing.org Forum Index -> Knowledge & Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: